Shops, tradespeople and services such as hairdressers, garages, self storage facilities can be found listed on the following page: Village Businesses.
1Arran - Argyll College UHI
The college is located on KA Campus, beside the Arran High School. We offer full time and part time FE & HE courses and access to UHI.
Full Time course applications can be made online via the website.
Find more information on: www.argyll.uhi.ac.uk.
Please come in to the centre to discuss any of these courses in more detail, to apply for a course or to find out more about the broad range of short courses we also offer in our centre.
T: 01770 600152
There are several car parks in the village:
- on Shore Road (north end of the village)
- in front of North Ayrshire Council Office
- one close to the Drift Inn
- one just beside a playground, opposite Made in Arran and the Pharamacy
- one in the front of Hamilton Terrace
- one beside the tennis courts / putting green
- one in front of the Arran High School (for events on Arran Campus)
Branches of the Bank of Scotland and the Royal Bank of Scotland are in Brodick. Both have ATMs, as does the main Co-op branch in Brodick.
Lamlash Parish Church – Church of Scotland
The Lamlash Parish Church is beside the Co-op.
Sunday service: 11:30am
Contact: Session Clerk, Mr I. Watt, T: 01770 600382
To book the church hall please call David Oakes on 600279
North Ayrshire Council Offices
Shore Road, Lamlash, Isle Of Arran, KA27 8JY
Tel: 01770 600 742
Fax: 01770 600028
Opening Times: Monday to Thursday: 9.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m. Friday: 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
HM Coastguard – Arran Resilience
Shore Road, Lamlash, Isle Of Arran, KA27 8JY
Typical Mobilisation Time: on scene anywhere on Arran within 30mins
How Activated: 999
- land & maritime search and rescue co-ordination
- fully qualified rope rescue including vertical rescue system
- fully qualified water rescue team including flood, river, beach
- 24hr helicopter operations & landing control, supplying on scene weather, lighting, smoke, comms and back up support for air crew
- bomb disposal, search, locate & co ordinate with police and EOD units for the safe disposal of all maritime ordenance
- polution search, locate & co ordinate all cases of polution on sea or beaches, take samples & notify relevant agencies
- receiver of wreck pass on to gov dept all information on claims by the public
- enforcement policing maritime incidents by the passing down of the authority held by the HMCG enforcocement officer to the local officer on scene, or by taking statements of witnesses wich may be used in court later
- communications use of the extensive VHF system to assist other agencies in carrying out there emergency work
Monday – Friday: 18.00 – 22.00 hrs (during school term)
Saturday: 09.30 – 16.15 hrs
Sunday: 10.00 – 13.30 hrs
Holiday opening hours call 0844 736 0077 for details
- at the Post Office
- at the corner of the Drift Inn
- at the corner of Shore Road going up to the Altachorvie Hotel
- at Park Avenue (Caravan Park on the main road in the direction of Brodick)
9Life Boat Station (RNLI)
Arran Lifeboat Station
Lamlash Pier, Lamlash, KA27 8JN
Arran RNLI is a group of volunteers who devote part of their free time to help those in need in the sea around the Isle of Arran. Volunteers are on call 24hrs a day.
The B class Atlantic 75 lifeboat in Lamlash covers the inshore waters around the coast of Arran. To ensure a co-ordinated rescue service the station co-operates and trains with the Arran Mountain Rescue Team and the auxiliary Coastguards.
It is a 17-bed acute hospital with Accident and Emergency services, Maternity, and a range of outpatient services. It is staffed by local GPs supported by other professions, both visiting and in-house.
Tel: 01770 600777
Lamlash Medical Centre
Located in the village centre, beside the tennis courts
Consultations are by appointment, by phoning our reception team on this number:
Tel: 01770 600 516 between 8.30am – 5.15pm
Out of hours (5.15pm to 8.30am and weekends), you should contact NHS24 on telephone number 111.
In an emergency situation at any time you should phone 999.
Lamlash Dental Clinic
The Dental Clinic is located beside the Arran War Memorial Hospital
Tel: 01770 601067
Shore Road Lamlash
T: 01770 600275
Monday, Tuesday, Friday 9.00 – 5.00
Wednesday 9.00 – 1.30
Thursday 9.00 – 4.45
Saturday 9.00 – 12.45
Lamlash Police Station, Main Street (opposite Lamlash High School, at the south end of the village heading towards Whiting Bay), KA27 8NF
In an emergency call 999
To contact this police station call 101
All schools in Lamlash, including Arran’s one and only High School are located on the Arran Campus, MacKelvie Road, Lamlash, Isle of Arran, KA27 8NP.
Lamlash Primary Nursery Class,
Lamlash Primary School and Early Years Class
Our school serves Lamlash and surrounding rural areas and has a roll of 65 children in the Primary School and 27 in the Early Years Class.
In addition to our 3 classrooms, the school has a playroom for the younger children, library, large gym hall, computer suite and a learning base where pupils can receive more focussed support.The school has a large playground with many features such as a willow dome, sandpit and play houses. Being located in very close proximity to Arran High School allows us to share facilities such as the astroturf pitch, when required, for P.E. Our children also use the high school canteen for school lunches.
Contact: school office Tel: 01770 600527
Arran High School
Head Teacher: Mr Barry Smith
Depute Head Teachers: Mrs Sharon Gregg & Mr David Lambert
Tel: 01770 600341
Fax: 01770 600336
If something is damaged or if you’d like to volunteer to join the team looking after them, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations can be easily made on the Lamlash Website or Lamlash Improvements website, using the Donation Button.
Of course you can also use the toilets in the Council Office at Shore Road (unfortunately only available during business hours). Location see point 3 Council Office on the map below (blue marker).